A History of Innovation
ELKATHERM® was established in 1954 in Montabaur in west Germany. In the early 1960s, ELKATHERM® launched a portable tiled stove known as the ELKAMAT, which could be run with solid fuel as well as electric power. This innovative and patented product was a milestone in the success story of the company.
Over the following years, ELKATHERM® became one of the leading manufacturers of electric heaters, fireplaces and stoves. Indeed its product range has been constantly expanding and includes night time storage heaters, charcoal stoves, tiled electric stoves, electric fireplaces and other electric installations.
Since 1991, ELKATHERM® has been under the leadership of the Henrich family. In 2003, Klaus-Peter Henrich handed over the company to his son Lars, who has continued investing in R&D and quality. Today, ELKATHERM® is one of the few manufacturers of electric heaters whose products are VDE-certified.